Saturday, March 24, 2012

Confessions of a secret choch-a-holic


I have a confession.  Most of you know, I am not a huge chocolate fan.  I don’t eat a lot of it, and I don’t have the cravings for it that women get.  There is an exception to this (as with all of my rules).  There is one time a year, that I eat chocolate.  Valentine’s Day.  Please understand, I don’t just eat any chocolate, I eat a certain kind of chocolate (and the freak comes out).  The only time I can get this certain kind is Valentine’s Day.  And the only place I can get this certain kind is in a very specific box.  This box.

Understand, this isn’t just any kiddy box.  This is a very specific kiddy box.  They have small ones and they have big ones.  To be sure I have the right box, I flip it over and make sure the picture is on the back.  

Now that you are fully comprehending my madness, I will explain even more.  There are only TWO of the FIVE candies that I will eat out of this box.  The rest are tossed (or if Little Man is standing around, he eats them).  

See the two that look similar, with the stripes?  Those are the diamonds in the rough.  One of them holds a strawberry cream, and the other holds a sherbet cream.  Both, equally special.  


I wait all year for these little boxes to come out.  When they do?  I stock up.  After Valentine’s Day, I stock up again (half price).  This is the only time of the year that I splurge and eat candy like no other.  I have searched for these candies other times of the year, even gone into chocolate stores searching for these magical treats.  I always come out empty handed with an upside smile.  It’s okay though.  Because when a freak stocks up....

A freak stocks up.  But don’t ask to have one, or even try one because
  1. I don’t share 
  2. I don’t eat after people, so once you bite into it...it is dead to me
  3. I.  DON’T.  SHARE.

1 comment: