Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Potty Fist

Wanna hear something that drives me crazy?  

Instead of asking to go to the bathroom, students do this.  All.  Day.  Long.  I will be talking to a student about something they are working on, and another student will shove their little potty fist in my face and wave it back and forth.  I cringe and nod my head, as they run off to the bathroom.  I don’t know why this bothers me so much.  I think I would rather them ask, “Mrs. J, can I go to the bathroom?”  There is something so vulgar about them throwing their dirty little fists in the air and shaking it at me.  
I am not sure why the teachers have the students do this, but it drives me nuts.  Even writing about it makes my blood pressure go up.  I was telling Little Man about this annoying signal and he was listening intently, asking tons of questions.  He always asks me how my day goes and is always fascinated about the stories I bring home.  Later, that day, he was outside playing with Molly (puppy-love).

I went out and watched for a bit, and then came back inside.  When I came back inside, I locked the door behind me, out of habit.  Fifteen minutes later, I am sitting in the Chief’s office talking to him and we hear a knock at the back door.  I turn and there is the Little Man, locked out.  As we sat there and debated about how long to make him wait, the Chief said, “What is he doing?”  I turn and look again and the little shit....HAS.  HIS.  STUPID.  LITTLE.  POTTY.  FIST.  IN.  THE.  AIR...waving it at me.  
An hour later, we let him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment