Thursday, May 16, 2013

Ouch!



Male Student #1: Mrs. J, what is an anagram?

Male Student #2: Dude, that is when they smash a woman’s boob like a pancake to check for cancer.

Female Student: THAT’S A MAMMOGRAM NOT AN ANAGRAM YOU DOOF!!

Male Student #2: Oh, sorry.  I bet an anagram is a lot less painful...
  
Male Student #1: I’m so glad I don’t have boobs.  

Me: Aren’t we all.

Male Student #1: So what is it?

Me: It is when you rearrange letters of your word to make a new word.  Act.  Act can be rearranged to cat.  You have to use all of your original letters.  It's a type of word play. Pea.  What can pea be?....Ape.  Looped...what can looped also be?....Poodle!  Do you understand?

Male Student #2: I take back what I said, anagrams sound more painful.



No comments:

Post a Comment